Dave is a programmer working at the Queensland Functional Programming Lab.
At some point in the past he completed a PhD in Computer Science, involving computational complexity theory. These days he is mostly interested in programming language theory, functional reactive programming, Nix, session types, and various other bits and pieces of mathematics and theory associated with functional programming.
He is also passionate about spreading all of this knowledge, mostly by giving talks and writing blog posts and other training material, but also via talking to people at conferences, in pubs, and during elevator rides.
He has a personal website, which mostly contains similar writing to what you’ll see from him here.
He also has github page , which mostly contains similar code to what you’ll see from him in the QFPL repository.
- Farewell February 12, 2020
- Backpack for initial and final encodings March 15, 2018
- Switching September 29, 2017
- Reflex exercises: DOM September 28, 2017
- Working with the DOM September 27, 2017
- Reflex exercises: Dynamics September 26, 2017
- Dynamics September 25, 2017
- Reflex exercises: Behaviors September 23, 2017
- Behaviors September 22, 2017
- Reflex exercises: Events September 21, 2017
- Events September 20, 2017
- Reflex exercises: Getting started September 19, 2017
- An introduction to reflex September 18, 2017
- Building things with Nix August 21, 2017
- Getting started with Nix July 27, 2017
- Introducing Nix July 26, 2017
- Writing for the FP blog July 11, 2017